Spring Spirit Week closes out with final Quadchella

Junior Hannah Jensen covers the song “Valerie” by Mark Ronson and Amy Winehouse during the last Spring Spirit Quadchella at lunch Friday on the Quad. According to Jensen, Quadchella is an opportunity for students to come together and support one another. “It’s pretty fun to just see everyone gathered in one spot,” Jensen said. (Photo: Kristine Lin)

Kristine Lin, Managing Editor

From innovative backpack substitutes to upbeat music performances, Palo Alto High School students are calling Spring Spirit a success after one final Quadchella during lunch Friday on the Quad.

After junior Iris Yin’s performance in Wednesday’s Quadchella, Yin and her friends kicked off the show with another K-pop dance number, this time to the song “Wannabe” by ITZY. 

“I chose this dance because it has been something that I’ve always wanted to cover,” Yin said.

According to Yin, she appreciated the opportunity to watch other students’ performances.

“My favorite part of Quadchella are the performances, as they allow people to showcase the arts they are proud of and worked hard on,” Yin said. “It was extremely nerve-wracking to perform in front of a bunch of students, but it will be a good memory and I had a lot of fun.”

The dance show was followed by junior Hannah Jensen’s cover of “Valerie” by Mark Ronson and Amy Winehouse. Jensen said she appreciates the audience at Quadchella.

“Just seeing how supportive and respectful everyone is of the performances is really nice,” Jensen said. “It’s also pretty fun to just see everyone gathered in one spot.”

Science teacher Elizabeth Brimhall also entertained the students with her cover of “Pocketful of Sunshine” by Natasha Bedingfield. Brimhall said she was impressed by the unique and diverse voices she heard at Quadchella.

“I love the student performers—[they are] really talented students,” Brimhall said. “It’s great to let them shine.”