Seniors dominate Friday’s rally

Seniors get pumped for Tug of War. They win the event after beating the freshmen. Photo by Lizzie Chun.

Students at Palo Alto High School are currently awaiting the release of Friday’s scores after today’s lunchtime rally.

The theme today was “Paly Pride”: Freshman, sophomores and juniors showed off their Viking green and white, while seniors, following tradition, strapped into their camo gear.

During the lunch rally, four boys and four girls from each grade participated in the tug-of-war competition. The seniors dominated the contest, finishing in first place after handily defeating the freshman and the sophomores. The sophomores placed second after upsetting the juniors in the first round and then losing to the seniors. Finally, the juniors fell to third place, followed by the freshman in last.

Senior Ziv Schwartz was proud of the way the seniors performed.

“I thought everyone from the front to the anchor, did great,” Schwartz said of his class’ Tug of War team. “Especially since we were losing going into today, it was a great way to get back on the winning side of the scoreboard.”

Following Tug of War, members of the Paly faculty came out and performed the annual teacher Spirit Dance.

“That was definitely fun to watch,” Schwartz said. “It didn’t disappoint.”

Currently, after the first four days of Spirit Week, the sophomores have the surprising lead at 3,000 points, followed by the seniors at 2,825  points, the juniors at 2,525 points and the freshman at 2,155 points.

Check back soon for the most recent updates on Spirit Week, including Friday’s scores.