O Christmas tree!

The tree lot will be selling 3′-11′ high quality Oregon Noble Firs starting Nov. 25. The lot will benefit the Palo Alto High School Sports Boosters. [Photo by Cathy Rong]
The Palo Alto High School Tree Lot will be selling 3′-11′ Oregon Noble Firs from Friday, Nov. 25, to Friday, Dec. 23.

The lot is located in the northwest corner of Paly, just behind the corner sign on the intersection of Embarcedaro Road and El Camino Real. The lot will also be selling garlands and wreaths. Volunteers will be available to help tie trees to cars.

Paly junior Hannah Bundy is one such volunteer, who helped out on a recent Saturday.

“I greeted the customers at the gate and told them about the prices, and once they picked out a tree, I  brought it to the station where they cut all the extra branches off and then filled out paperwork for the customers on what they were going to buy and how much it would cost,” Bundy said.

The lot sales will benefit the Paly Sports Boosters, supporting more than 750 student athletes who participate on 45 sports teams, according to palytrees.com

“If the customer were to have put our sports name (softball) as the sport that they wanted to donate to we would get 5 percent of the price of the tree to our funds,” Bundy said. “On top of that we get $10 an hour per worker that we have from our sport.”

Prices range from  $20 to $300, and the lot will be open weekdays from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. and on weekends from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.

“For fun and games Julia Saul and I wore some tree wrapping and sang christmas carols to cars on Embarcadero Road,” Bundy said. “It feels great to get into the Christmas spirit.”

More information can be found at palytrees.com