Verbatim: Students prepare for Advanced Placement testing

Advanced Placement testing, often the most significant exams students have to worry about before going on to enjoy their summers, is happening through mid-May. The Paly Voice asked students about their classes, study plans and confidence levels.

“I’m taking AP Art History this year. The class isn’t too hard, but applying the knowledge you learned to the AP test is difficult. I feel kind of stressed; I have to learn everything from October to March.”

— sophomore Jaron Leung

“I’m taking five AP exams this semester. I am not confident in my abilities to score super well, but I’m not stressed about it. Last year I put a lot of pressure on myself to do well and stuff, but this year I’m not going to put that pressure on myself.”

— senior Max Rabbit-Tomita

“I have three AP exams at Paly and one at Gunn High School this semester. I know the exams will be tough, but I think I’ve prepared enough during Semester 1 to the point where I can get to a four or a five, but I’ll definitely continue to lock in.”

— junior Aditya Romfh

“For AP Lang, I think I made a good choice taking it. I’m a little stressed, and it’s also right after prom, so I feel like I won’t have a ton of time to study for it. I just want to get it over with, we just had tons of really annoying writing prep. We have lots of practice essays in class and also some assignments outside of class. I feel pretty prepared and feel like I know the content pretty well.”

— junior Evin Steele

“I have three AP exams this semester. I feel mostly confident for two of them, but I’m going to cram for AP Physics. I’ve been preparing for a week.”

— sophomore Aiden Yuan