Verbatim: Student plans for spring break

As SAT season passes and AP’s replace it, spring break provides students with a week to reset. The Paly Voice asked Palo Alto High School community members how they will be spending their break.

“This Friday, me and my family are leaving for college visits in New York. It’s going to be really fun taking a trip to New York for the first time. Then, I’m flying back on Friday and doing a SciOly [Science Olympiad] competition for states.”

— sophomore Gavin Lin

“I’m going to be visiting some family friends in Sacramento, as well as getting my hours for driving.”

— junior Juliana Sandoval

“I’ll be spending time with family for sure. My dad lives down South, and my fiance’s family lives in SoCal. We’ll probably do a trip all the way down to the Carlsbad area, then back up to see my nephew and my sister when we return. We’ll probably camp on the way down or the way back for a night.”

— English teacher, Joshua Knowles-Hinrichs 

“I’m going to Tahoe with my friends, and then I’ll be swimming because I’m on the swim team.”

— senior Alex Ng

“I’ll be studying and hanging out with friends. My mom […] wants me to take a break. But if I’m going to be honest, I’m quite busy. With AP season coming up in a month, it might seem like a while away, but it’s really coming down fast.”

— junior Sophia Dong