Verbatim: Students react to Super Bowl outcome

After weeks of anticipation, the San Francisco 49ers’ season ultimately came to a bitter end against the Kansas City Chiefs in the 58th Super Bowl on Feb. 11.

The Paly Voice interviewed students at Palo Alto High School on their opinions about the outcome of the game and the mistakes made throughout. Here’s what they had to say:

“I don’t think that Patrick Mahomes should have been MVP. Brock Purdy has my heart. He was the last to get drafted and then is the starting quarterback in the Super Bowl.”

senior Rori Escudero

“The mistake of the Super Bowl was the 49ers defensive coordinator not changing the coverage of the defensive backs. He got torched the whole second half and never made any adjustments.”

junior Tristan Kippes

“This was the most important game of the year. The kicker, Jake Moody, was essential to the game. If he had made that extra point then maybe we would have won.”

sophomore Anjini Sanchorawala

“The biggest mistake of the game was the punt fumble in the 4th quarter because this changed the momentum of the game, and the Chiefs scored a pretty easy touchdown.”

senior Sanjay Cyca

“It was pretty interesting towards the end because it was really close and went into overtime. The halftime show was pretty cool too.”

sophomore Jonathan Bakhash

Additional reporting by Nathan Jiang.