Winter Rally to include student-staff basketball game, prom reveal

Amy Yu, Editor-in-Chief

Palo Alto High School seniors will play against staff in a basketball game at the Winter Rally during Tutorial on Tuesday in the Big Gym.

According to Associated Student Body Sophomore Class President Adora Zheng, the student team will be made up of 10 boys and 10 girls and will not include varsity players.

“The teams were picked through online signup,” Zheng said. “More than 10 boys signed up, so the players were chosen randomly.”

At halftime, Paly Cheer and Dance will perform. ASB will also announce the location of Prom 2019. Zheng said the prom reveal will be different from last year’s balloon game.

“We want it to be a surprise for everyone,” Zheng said. “You’ll just have to show up to find out.”

At last year’s Winter Rally, Paly staff defeated the senior team, 21-18. But ASB Senior Class President David Foster said he has great confidence in this year’s student team.

“The Class of 2019 has consistently shown itself as a force to be reckoned with, and I know that will continue for the rest of the year,” Foster said.  “I know the Class of 2019 will pull through.”

However, P.E. teacher Jacob Halas said he believes differently.

“The teachers should dominate,” Halas said. “They’re bigger and stronger than high schoolers. It’s really stacked in our favor.”