Boys’ lacrosse looks to move onto league finals

Seniors Skyler Anderson (left) and Weston Preising celebrate Anderson's goal in the second quarter of Paly's 12-11 home loss to Burlingame Monday night. Photo by Matt Ersted.
Seniors Skyler Anderson (left) and Weston Preising celebrate Anderson’s goal in the second quarter of Palo Alto High School’s 12-11 home loss to Burlingame. Photo by Matt Ersted.

The Palo Alto High School boys’ lacrosse team (15-5, 8-1) will take on Saratoga High School (6-7, 4-4) at 5:30 p.m. on Wednesday at the Paly lacrosse field, hoping to defeat the Falcons in the Santa Clara Valley Athletic League semi-finals. 

After a blowout win over Los Altos High School last Thursday, the Vikings look to continue their six-game win streak as the team heads towards the SCVAL finals.

According to senior co-captain Cole Tierney, the Vikings feel optimistic heading into tomorrow’s game.

“We feel pretty confident considering our placement in league,” Tierney said.

Furthermore, Tierney said that the Vikings will focus on infiltrating the Falcons’ weak defense.

“Saratoga has a good midfield, but their [Saratoga] defense is slow and they leave the back side open,” Tierney said.

The last time the two teams met, the Vikings dominated the Falcons, scoring a massive 12 goals in the match according to Maxpreps.com

Along with the team’s confidence, junior midfielder Jackson Dahl stresses the importance of staying focused.

“In practice our major focus has been our mental game, because that is usually our limiting factor,” Dahl said. “If we can pull together, work as a team, and stay focused throughout the entire game, then we can do anything.”