First rally of the year to feature performances and relay race

The Paly Cheer Team strikes a pose on the Quad during the first rally of the year. Photo by Chloe Fishman.
The Paly Cheer Team strikes a pose on the Quad during the First Friday Quad rally last year.  Photo by Chloe Fishman.

The Associated Student Body is hosting the annual “First Friday Quad Rally” this Friday on the Quad at Lunch, showcasing performances from Palo Alto High School’s cheer and dance teams.

According to junior Social Commissioner Cezanne Lane, a relay race featuring three stations will be available to four students from each grade. The first activity will be a water balloon race. The second activity is called “Shake It,” in which students must attempt to shake a ping pong ball out of a box without using their hands. The third is called “Hunt Hunt Hike” and entails throwing three rolls of toilet paper through a hula-hoop.

This year, ASB has released a video to give students a sneak peek of the activities each grade will perform during the rally and more information about the events, according to Lane.

“It gives freshmen a little sneak peek to all the amazing spirit and tradition our school has,” Lane said.

ASB hopes the video will get everyone excited and ready to show their school spirit in the weeks to come.

“The Paly tradition on the first week of school serves to get students pumped up for this year and the events,” Lane said.