Android Club to host local startup

Android Club President Charles Yu and Ios Development Club President Brian Tracy pose during club day. Photo by Josh Yuen.
Club presidents Charles Yu (Android Club President) and Brian Tracy (iOS Development Club President) pose during club day during the first club day of the 2014-15 school year. Photo by Josh Yuen.

The Android Development Club will hold a meeting with Cyanogen Inc. at 2:30 p.m. Tuesday in the Palo Alto High School Media Arts Center.

Cyanogen is a local startup and strives to increase performance, customization and security on Android-based devices , according to the company’s official website.

Android Club secretary Charlie Mihran is interested in gaining a glimpse into Cyanogen’s everyday work experience.

“I’m most excited about getting to hear from experienced professionals in tech fields,” Mihran said. “I would love to work at a place like Cyanogen, so getting a sneak peak into how they work is pretty awesome.”

The club’s treasurer, Alex Rose, is excited for the event and is also interested in learning how the small startup became successful.

“To meet a company that started right here in Palo Alto that also works on products that are going to be seen on the new tech coming out in the next few years is really exciting,” Rose said. “It will be really interesting to hear about the process of building the product and how they got it from their office to hundreds of thousands of phones worldwide.”

The meeting will also boost the club’s reputation, which will make it easier to plan future events with similar technology companies, according to Rose.