City library to offer extended hours for teens during finals

Takaaki Sagawa, Author

photo

Children play air hockey in the Teen Center at Mitchell Park during the Grand Opening of the new Mitchell Park facilities. The Teen Center will be open to provide space for fun and studying during finals week.

The Mitchell Park Library and the Teen Center will be open until 10 p.m. for high school students on Dec. 16-18 to assist teens in studying for final exams.

The extended hours will be open for any high school students with a valid student ID, according to a press release from the City of Palo Alto. Refreshments will be provided along with all of the resources for studying as well as fun at the Teen Center, which has air hockey and ping-pong tables.

Palo Alto Teen Program Specialist Jose Perez said the extended hours will provide a relaxing environment for teens.

“The purpose is for students to study and have a work space, as well as space to relax and decompress,” Perez said. “There is going to be games, movies, snacks, and other fun activities listed.”

The extended hours are a part of a series of events catered for teens during Teen Week at the Mitchell Park Library to celebrate its grand opening. Other events include a photojournalism workshop on Dec. 13 and an Xbox tournament on Dec. 19 after finals, according to a press release.

For more information, visit the Teens section of the City of Palo Alto website.