APPetite blog: 2F1B

Welcome to APPetite, a student-run blog all about apps. We, Liana and Maddy, are here to help you make the most important of life decisions: “What app should I download next for my phone/tablet?” Since we know you totally have loads of time to waste on your smartphone between school, sports and a myriad of other extra-curricular activities, be sure to check out APPetite to fulfill your hunger for your next app addiction.

Two Fingers One Brain (2F1B)

Price: FREE

Available: App Store, Google Play

Rank: 4.9/5

Why you should download: “Two Fingers One Brain” is great for those who are up for a challenge and like a good brain workout.

“Two Fingers One Brain,” a.k.a. 2F1B, is an app that challenges users as it forces them to multitask. In the app you complete two mini-games simultaneously while under time pressure and a limited number of lives. The game is over once users run out of their five lives. Having to complete two different mini-games under time pressure on different sides of the screen is harder than it looks, but oh-so-addicting.

Perfect for the competitive type, this app will test your patience as even the simplest tasks (e.g. how many numbers are here?) seem like the most advanced problems. When playing, it is important to not get discouraged as part of the fun is all of those facepalm moments.

I stumbled across this app at the recommendation of a friend and have been hooked ever since. The only downside is when two of the hardest games are going on simultaneously, which is not a fun situation. But that’s the draw: Those hard games are what keep you coming back for more wanting to get that high score.

A variety of mini-games allows the user to not get bored by varying tasks while keeping them familiar.

It takes only one brain to know that this app is a winner and only one finger to download it, so if you’re up for the challenge be sure to start testing your skills with 2F1B.