Paly Rocks to perform on Quad Thursday

Palo Alto High School’s Paly Rocks club is set to perform at lunch on Thursday on the Quad, kicking off what club officers say is a year dedicated more to performing than past years have been.

Paly Rocks members are excited about the chance to share their musical talents with the rest of the Paly community, according to senior Sam Stewart, a club officer.

“We felt it was long overdue for a performance and that we should remind the school that we are still here and still rockin’,” Stewart said. “We are looking forward to getting back out there and putting on a great show. The students that make up Paly Rocks thrive on performing and they all can’t wait to be up in front of a Quad full of peers again.”

Senior Robin Anwyl, Paly Rocks communications and publicity manager, said that this excitement is indicative of a larger trend in the club as Paly Rocks becomes more focused on showcasing its acts to other Paly students.

“We’re still trying to preserve the integrity of the old Paly Rocksa welcoming community where musicians can jam, hang out and make new friends,” Anwyl said. “However, we’re more performance-oriented this year and we’re trying to play more gigs than we did last year.”

Thursday’s performance will feature both returning club members and new musicians who have joined the group this year, according to Anywl.

With many hours going into rehearsal, Paly Rocks hopes its performance will raise awareness about the club and draw in more musicians, Anywl said.

“We’re looking forward to showing off all the hard work and preparation that we’ve put into this performance,” Anywl said. “We want to make ourselves known to the Paly community and especially all the musicians out there. We’re always looking for new musicians.”

Following this week’s performance, Paly Rocks plans to follow with more improved Quad performances in the future, according to Stewart.

“They [the performances] are only going to get better,” he said.