Senior quarterback named Under Armour All-American

Senior quarterback Keller Chryst was presented his honorary game jersey for the Under Armour All-American Game today on the football field. Chryst, the top-rated pocket-passing quarterback in nation for the Class of 2014, will be taking his talents to Stanford University next fall. Photo by Paul Bienaime
Senior quarterback Keller Chryst was presented his honorary game jersey for the Under Armour All-American Game today on the football field. Chryst, the top-rated pocket-passing quarterback in nation for the Class of 2014, will be taking his talents to Stanford University next fall. Photo by Paul Bienaimé

Palo Alto High School senior quarterback Keller Chryst can now add Under Armour All-American to his already-glowing resume.

The American Family Insurance Selection Tour for the 2014 UA All-America High School Football Game presented Chryst’s honorary game jersey to the Viking quarterback during the Tour’s visit to Paly today on the football field.

Chryst, widely recognized as the top-rated pocket-passing quarterback in the country for the Class of 2014, is one of 90 players nationwide selected to compete in the seventh annual contest.

“I was definitely excited and honored to be selected as an All-American,” Chryst said. “I had a choice between the Army game and this one, and I chose this one because I thought it would be better for me.”

The game is a stage for top high school football players to show off their talents, and also an opportunity to develop relationships.

“They’re the nation’s best future college football players,” Chryst said. “I’m already pretty close to some of those guys, so it will be a great experience getting to see them again and getting to play with them.”

After Thursday’s stop at Paly, the AFI Selection Tour will continue its three-month tour around the country, visiting and presenting jerseys to all 90 players selected for the game. The nationally televised game is scheduled to kickoff at 1 p.m. on Jan. 2, 2014, and will be played at Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg, Fla.