Football preview: Vikings to take on Wilcox Chargers at home

The Palo Alto High School football team (1-0, 2-2) is set to take on Wilcox High School (0-1, 3-1) this Friday, in the second of only four home games this season.

The Vikings are undefeated in league so far, having beaten Fremont High School last Friday. The Chargers had a different result that night, however, losing on their own turf in their first league game to Milpitas High School.

Last October, senior quarterback Keller Chryst dominated against the Chargers, scoring on a rushing touchdown and connecting on three touchdown passes. This year, he hopes to have yet another successful performance to follow up last week’s winning effort.

”We definitely played a lot better than we have in the last couple weeks,” Chryst said. “We still made mistakes that we need to improve on.”

Senior tight end Tully McCallister praised the team’s efforts in the Fremont win, but sees areas of improvement this week.

“Hopefully we can carry the intensity from last week’s game to this one,” McCallister said. “Overall we need to improve on our aggressiveness and making sure we never take a play off.”

In the end, Chryst thinks the team’s work over the course of the week will pay off.

“We’re definitely ready for this game,” Chryst said.
The Vikings and the Chargers will face off at 7:30 p.m. Friday night at Paly’s Hod Ray Field