Field day to take place next Friday

Matthew Fogarty and Josh Yuen

The annual Palo Alto High School Field Day will take place during an extended lunch next Friday on the Quad.

According to student activities organizer Matt Hall, this year’s field day will sport one new feature, a new inflatable pirate ship called the Kraken. The ship is a combination between an obstacle course and a large slide.

Hall also mentioned the idea of a band performing on the senior deck during field day.

“We are looking at the possibility of having a musical performance, but we don’t know how that’s going to work yet,” Hall said.

However, according to associated student body social commissioner Bria Vicenti, most of the event will remain similar to recent years.

“There really isn’t much that is changing from other years,” Vicenti said.

In addition to the Kraken, this year’s field day will include a 27-foot slide, a bungee tug-of-war, an obstacle course and a velcro wall.

As usual, free food paid for by ASB will be served to students by the Parent Teacher Student Association.

According to Vicenti, field day’s mission to provide a fun day where students can relax and play in the Quad remains the same.

“It’s a great way to relax and spend time with your friends near the end of the year,” Vicenti said. “They [students] should attend because it’s one of our best Paly traditions next to Spirit Week and it’s fairly unique so it’s definitely not something to be missed.”