Paly quarterback nominated for football honor

Palo Alto High School’s junior quarterback and future football team captain has been nominated to play in the Under Armor All-American Game on Jan. 1 in San Antonio, Tex. The game features the top high school players in the nation.

Quarterback Keller Chryst throws the ball downfield to his right in the Paly's season home opener loss against Archbishop Mitty High School Friday night.  Photo by Matt Ersted.
Quarterback Keller Chryst throws the ball downfield to his right in the Paly’s season home opener loss against Archbishop Mitty High School Friday night. Photo by Matt Ersted.

Keller Chryst has confirmed that he will be playing and looks forward to the opportunity to showcase his skills.

“I’m pretty excited and humbled to play in such a game and hopefully it’s still just the start of great things to come,” Chryst said.

The Under Armor All-American Game is one of the most premier showcases of high school football players, and is a breeding grounds for all-star athletes. Since the game’s genesis in 2008, National Football League first round picks have included game alumni Julio Jones, A.J. Green, Trent Richardson and Stephon Gilmore.

The East versus West game is predicted to attract over 40,000 spectators and will undoubtedly be the largest game Chryst has ever played in.