Jamba Juice to move within Town and Country

Jamba Juice will be moving to this new Town and Country location, next to Asian Box, within the coming week. Town and Country authorities negotiated the move with Jamba Juice to make room for a new restaurant which will take up the space of Jamba Juice’s current store, as well as the four others next to it, according to Jamba Juice General Manager Jim Thompson. Photo by Spencer Carlson.

The Jamba Juice located at Town and Country Shopping Center will be moving to another location within the commercial village in the coming week.

Jamba Juice is handing out these flyers with its moving information on them. Jamba Juice is currently located on the bottom edge of the Building 2 representation, but will be moving to the Jamba Juice logo in Building 3. Photo by Spencer Carlson.

The new location will be at 855 El Camino Real, Space #85, in Town and Country’s Building 3, adjacent to Asian Box. The move will either happen Thursday, or some time next week, according to General Manager Jim Thompson.

“We are moving because they want to put a restaurant in here [Jamba Juice’s current space],” Thompson said. “So they [Town and Country authorities] are knocking out all five units here, and in exchange for us moving they are giving us discounted rent.”

Thompson does not expect the move to have too big of an impact on business.

“Jamba does expect our sales to go down, but I don’t think it will significantly effect our business,” Thompson said.

Many students are not concerned about the slightly lengthened walk to Jamba Juice.

“I don’t care that they’re moving only a little bit behind [their current location] because essentially I am walking the same distance to Town and Country,” junior Riya Varma said.

Jamba Juice employees have even welcomed the change in location, according to Thompson.

“It’s exciting because we get a brand new store,” Thompson said. “We’ve been in this location for 18 or 19 years, so the back house has kind of fallen apart, and now we’re going to get a brand new store.”