Basketball Quad Night to take place tomorrow

Senior Annie Susco drives down the court in a game against Wilcox High School on Jan. 15th. The varsity girl take on the Gunn Titans in the third game of the evening. The tip-off for that game is scheduled for 6:15 p.m. Photo by Edward Mei.

Palo Alto High School’s first basketball Quad night of the year will take place at 3 p.m. tomorrow in the Paly gym.

Quad night is when all of the varsity and junior varsity teams compete — in this case, boys against teams from Mountain View High School and girls against teams from Henry M. Gunn High School.

The JV boys will start off Quad Night, followed by the JV girls at 4:30 p.m.  Next up, the varsity girls will take the court at 6:15 p.m., and the varsity boys will finish it off at 7:45 p.m.

Varsity boys’ assistant coach Erik Olah is hopeful for his team’s game.

“Last time we played Mountain View it was a good game,” Olah said. “We beat them by 15 points so it should be a fun game. Hopefully we can beat them again.”

Junior Charlotte Alipate of the varsity girls’ team says the varsity girls are ready to take on their cross-town rival.

“This whole week we have been preparing to take on Gunn,” Alipate said. “As a team we are all very excited and we feel that if we execute and play our game on Friday, we will come out on top. In the end, it really comes down to our performance as a team. It’s our game to take.”