Preview: Volleyball to play in CCS semifinals Wednesday

Anna Dukovic and Lauren Kerr go up for a block in Paly’s victory over Sequoia High School in the CCS Division I quarterfinals Saturday night. Photo by Matt Ersted.

The Palo Alto High School volleyball team is set to play Homestead High School at Santa Clara High School at 7:30 p.m. tomorrow in the Central Coast Section semifinals.

This season, the Vikings are 3-0 against Homestead; however, Homestead and Paly tied for first place in the Santa Clara Valley Athletic League De Anza Division during the regular season. Homestead beat Carlmont in straight sets on Saturday to advance to the semifinals. The Vikings are coming off of a three-set win over Sequoia High School on Saturday.

The Vikings are trying to extended their 13 consecutive postseason-match winning streak, including theirback-to-back state championships stretching back to the 2010 season.

If the Vikings win Wednesday’s game, they will reach the CCS final for the third consecutive year.

“I’m really excited for the game,” junior libero Keri Gee said. “We have a lot to work hard for because they [Homestead] are a very good team, and every time we’ve played them its been close. But I have confidence in my teammates that we can pull through and get the W[in].”