Modified schedule next week due to College Awareness Day

[media-credit id=118 align=”alignright” width=”610″][/media-credit]

A modified schedule will be in effect next week due to the College Awareness Day on Wednesday, Oct. 17, which will be a minimum day schedule at Palo Alto High School.

On College Awareness Day, freshmen will be taking ACT’s EXPLORE, sophomores will be taking ACT’s PLAN, and juniors will be taking the PSAT. Multiple workshops will be available for seniors to attend, which are posted on paly.net.

“The purpose is to give the freshmen and sophomores a taste of the college entrance testing but, more importantly, there is a career component to the ACT tests that gives students a chance to explore careers that seem to fit their interests,” assistant Principal Kathleen Laurence said. “The students will have the chance to look at the possibilities when they get their test results back in January during advisory.”

On Wednesday, school begins at 8: 15 a.m. and ends at 12:30 p.m.;  there are no scheduled classes during this time.

Teachers will attend a staff development event after the school day is over on Wednesday.

Monday and Friday will be will B days, with block periods one, three, five and seven.

Tuesday and Thursday will follow their normal respective schedules. Tuesday will be a T Day with block periods two, four, six and Tutorial while Thursday will be an A Day with block periods of two, four, six and Advisory.

Advisory will be for all freshmen. Sophomores, juniors, and seniors will have individual meetings with their teacher advisors, according to the Paly calendar.

A full schedule can be found on the 2012 Fall Semester Bell Calendar.