Picture day welcomes students back

Seniors Charlotte Barry and Sara Billman pose for the photos that were placed on their identification cards.

Students return to Palo Alto High School today, the day before school starts, to take pictures, receive photo identification cards and pick up planners from 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.

Students wait to receive their student identification cards.

Photos taken were placed on identification cards, which students received today. These photos will also serve as yearbook photos. However, seniors can elect to submit a senior portrait in place of today’s photo.

The Parent Teacher Student Association provided planners for students free of charge. The cover of the planner features a photo of Paly under a rainbow, and the back shows a dark silhouette of the school beneath a sunrise.

Planners this year are full size, allowing for extra space for students to write their assignments.

Teachers have been on campus since Aug. 13, but this is their first opportunity to see students back at school.

“I look forward to meeting my students – my new students and my old students,” teacher Janet Shyr said. “I look forward to learning Chinese together.”

Students use picture day as an opportunity to reunite with friends and get accustomed to returning to school.

“I’m really looking forward to being a senior and meeting all my new teachers,” senior Anthony Villanueva said. “I’m also really excited to start applying to colleges.”

View Comments (2)

• M

MRPAug 17, 2012 at 7:30 pm

Wow, what an exciting article. I can tell that the Paly Voice is back in full swing! Oh yeah, first comment of the year!

Reply
    • D

Dmitry DmitryevichAug 20, 2012 at 7:39 pm

Woah, yep I totally agree with you man! I am SO excited for what the paly voice will be reporting on this coming year. +1!

Reply