Art club to feature student work in gallery

The Paly Art Show will take place on May 20 in the Lucie Stern Community Center. “It [the Paly Art Show] is run solely by Paly students, with the help from Kate McKenzie and Steven Ferrera, the art teachers at Paly,” said junior Julia Lee, one of the two co–presidents of the club. The show will take place from 1 p.m. until 5.p.m.

– Courtesy of Julia Lee

After their second annual gallery, The Paly Art Show club aims to showcase student artwork while promoting an art-driven organization.

The Paly Art Show will be held on Sunday, May 20 at the Lucie Stern Community Center in the Community Room, according to junior Julia Lee, one of the co–presidents of the club.

“It features all media of artwork done by the Palo Alto and Gunn High School students, including paintings, sketches, sculptures and photos,” said Lee.

In addition to allowing for students’ work to be seen, the Paly Art Show aims to support the DrawBridge Organization, an organization committed to implementing art programs for children.

“By showcasing a wide selection of student artwork in one place, we give opportunities for the artists to present their work to the community,” Lee said. “However, the primary purpose of the show extends further – we support the DrawBridge Organization, which is a non-profit group dedicated to providing art programs for homeless children.”

Attendees of the gallery will be given the opportunity to receive additional information about the organization through flyers that will be available at the art show.

“We will be providing brochures, free DrawBridge bookmarks, as well as pre-stamped and pre-addressed donation envelopes that the visitors can directly mail to the organization,” Lee said.

The gallery will be open from 1 p.m. until 5 p.m.