Glass team to sell glass pumpkins at multiple venues

360 hand-blown glass pumpkins are on display and for sale for three consecutive weekends in October at Webb Ranch. Paly students, grads, and instructors made the glass pumpkins; all porceeds are directed to Paly’s Fiery Arts program.

– David Camner

Palo Alto High School glass-blowing students will be selling hand-made glass pumpkins to benefit the Paly Fiery Arts program at the upcoming Webb Ranch Glass Pumpkin Patch in October.

The Webb Ranch Glass Pumpkin Patch will be held for three weekends in October starting Oct. 8-9. For those who can’t make it, there are two more events where pumpkin patch visitors will have a chance to buy a hand-blown glass pumpkin. The Webb Ranch Glass Pumpkin Patch will also be open on Oct. 15 to 16 and Oct 22 to 23.

All sales support Paly’s Fiery Arts program.

“The last several years we have sold $6,000 in pumpkins at the Fall Sale,” Paly arts teacher David Camner said. “Our hopes are to meet or exceed that mark.”

The Paly Glass Team will also sell glass pumpkins at Paly Fall Pumpkin Sale in front of the Tower Building on Oct. 13th.

The Garden Court Hotel is hosting a small glass pumpkin patch throughout the Fall season to showcase and sell glass pumpkins from the Paly Glass Team. All of the profits will be directed to the arts program here at Paly. 

“They [the Garden Court Hotel staff] are willing to support our program here at Paly in a way that benefits us all,” Camner said. The staff of Garden Court Hotel are donating their time and energy to promote the Fiery Arts program; they are helping “make the Fiery Arts program at Paly what it is”.

During this summer, the Paly Glass Team hand-blew 360 glass pumpkins. The Paly Glass team is composed of three Paly students, seven Paly alumni, and three Paly glass instructors including Camner.

“Everyone on the Paly Glass Team donates their skills and time to make glass pumpkins,” Camner said.