Dean of Students Craig Tuana joins Paly administration

Craig Tuana, new Dean Of Students at Paly, stops to smile for the camera after introducing himself to a group of students.

– Noa Braun

Craig Tuana, the newest addition to the Palo Alto High School administration, is replacing Trinity Klein as Teacher On Special Assignment, more commonly known as Dean of Students.

Tuana, a new member of the Paly administration, is looking forward to working with faculty and students alike.

“Paly is awesome.” Tuana said “I’m happy to be here. I feel very fortunate to be at such a good school with great kids and such a good community.”

Tuana will adapt to an evolving role on the administrative team as he progressively acclimates to the Paly community.

“My official title is Teacher On Special Assignment,” Tuana said “That means I am the Dean Of Students, I do some administration stuff, some discipline overseeing, some testing, just a variety of things. So, it’s kind of evolving the longer I am here.”

Tuana, who previously taught special education at Fremont High School, is adapting to his new role of Teacher On Special Assignment very well, according to principal Phill Winston.

“He’s done an outstanding job,” Winston said “He has jumped in and taken a hold on the responsibilities he has been given. He’s energetic, he’s proactive, he’s assertive, he’s got great energy and he’s out connecting with student and staff. It’s everything I was looking for.”

Tuana hopes to continue connecting with the students and staff throughout the school year.

“I love it,” Tuana said. “The students are awesome the staff is awesome. It’s a beautiful campus.”