Back To School Dinner welcomes Paly community to new year

Palo Alto High School’s annual Back To School Dinner will take place from 6 to 8 p.m. today on the quad.

Tickets have already been sold and are not available for purchase at the door. Both barbecue and vegetarian options will be available for meals. 

The administration hopes that the Back To School Dinner will welcome the community to the start of a new school year.

“The purpose of the dinner is to welcome our new students and welcome back our alumni,” principal Phil Winston said.

The Back To School Dinner is an opportunity for families to get to know each other while enjoying the night’s entertainment.

“It [the Back To School Dinner] is a chance to welcome new families to the Paly community, reconnect with old friends, alums and administration and to enjoy entertainment from some talented Paly students all while enjoying a meal out on Paly’s beautiful quad,” Back To School Dinner organizer Barb Schroder said. 

Student DJ RadioTonicz, the Paly cheerleading team, dance team, Pep Band and theatre students will be performing, according to The Paly Link and Schroder. Paly apparel will also be sold.

“It’s an established tradition here at Paly where [the] PTSA [Parent Teacher Student Association] welcomes and acknowledges the new community,” Winston said. “[I hope to see] a lot of people enjoying each other’s presence.”

The annual tradition is open to students and families of all grade levels.

“It would be great to see each class represented big at the dinner Thursday,” Schroder said.