Campanile will ask incoming students to fill out application

Due to a large number of students who signed up for The Campanile next year, the Palo Alto High School newspaper’s new editor in chiefs will require incoming students to attend a meeting during Tutorial on Thursday in room P-15, where they will receive an application to join next year’s staff. 

For students who cannot attend this meeting, the editors in chiefs will hold an alternate meeting during lunch on Friday, May 20.  

New staffers who do not fill out the application cannot join The Campanile staff, according to the Facebook event that the editors in chiefs have set up to inform their new, incoming staffers. Students who are already in the class do not have to show up or fill out an application.  

The application will ensure that the incoming members of The Campanile and the current members know each other, according to editor in chief Michael Abrams.

“We wanted to use this application as a way for us to get to know next year’s members of The Campanile and also to help them get to know Campanile better,” Abrams said. “Right now we have a very large class signed up for next year, which is amazing, but we also want to make sure new members understand that Campanile is both a responsibility and a good time.”

For more information, contact The Campanile at [email protected] or look for one of the fliers at school.