Brief: Boys’ lacrosse defeats Burlingame on senior night, 12-10

The seniors of the boys’ lacrosse team pose with coaches and family for a group shot before the game on senior night.

– Kyle Liu

The Palo Alto boys’ lacrosse team (5-4) finished Senior Night with a victory over the Burlingame Panthers, 12-10.

Senior attack Cory Valenti led the Viking offense with a total of three goals, while senior attack Bryan Keohane, senior midfielder Kevin Proceviat and sophomore attack Jonny Glazier followed behind with two points each. 

Despite scoring the first goal of the night, the Vikings allowed the Panthers to gain an early lead, ending the first quarter down with a score of 3-7. 

The Viking offense fired up and retook the lead from the Panthers by a narrow margin at the end of the first half, 8-7.

In the third quarter, the Vikings widened the gap by four consecutive goals.  The team also prevented the Panther offense from scoring a single goal, ending the quarter at 12-7. 

With one quarter left in the game, the Panthers began a desperate bid to regain the game by scoring three goals in quick succession. However, they were unable to regain the lead, resulting in a Viking victory, 12-10. 

This victory over the Panthers marks the end of the season for the boys’ lacrosse team.