Five combinations for food lovers

Buttered popcorn poured into a cup of milk. – Frank ShangMilk and popcorn. Chips and ice cream. We had heard numerous claims from friends about strange food combinations whose flavors blend deliciously, so we decided to try a few of them for ourselves. After searching through countless possibilities online, we picked these five based on their ease of preparation and unique combination of flavors. Here is the list, in order of most delicious to least. Scroll down for our top combo.

[[nid:26021 left full hide]] Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich

This was both tasty and easy to make. Although we were apprehensive about how the taste of peanut butter and bananas would mix, the result was surprisingly good. All you need to do is spread some peanut butter on whole wheat bread (we recommend putting some on both slices of bread), and then sandwich banana slices in between. We made the banana slices about one-centimeter thick each to add filling as well as texture. The bananas and the peanut butter complimented each other very nicely with neither flavor overpowering the other. The two flavors together created a very comforting tasting combination. This is perfect for snacking at any time of the day.

[[nid:26022 left full hide]] Salt and Vinegar Chips with Vanilla Ice Cream

To be honest, we were a little skeptical about trying this combination out in the first place. We thought it sounded a bit too strange for our taste, but surprisingly, the flavors melded together in a way that didn’t clash as much as we had imagined. We scooped some vanilla ice cream into a bowl and topped it with a handful of salt and vinegar chips. It was a sweet, sour and salty blend that brought out the vanilla undertones as well as a tart crunchy finish from the chips. The creaminess of the ice cream took away the bite in the sourness of the vinegar flavor while retaining the full taste. If you’re ever feeling adventurous and in need of an interesting snack, try this one out.

[[nid:26023 left full hide]] Yogurt Dipped Apples

These were the most convenient snacks to make. As we simply had to dip apples in yogurt, it was perfect for a quick snack. The apples slightly overpowered the yogurt, but the yogurt taste was still present. While it didn’t necessarily taste bad, it still was not the most appealing of the combinations that we tried. The flavor of the apple with the flavor of the yogurt together was weak and did not leave us wanting more. We recommend this if you would like a light and healthy snack.

[[nid:26024 left full hide]] Celery and Strawberry Cream Cheese

In an interesting twist on the traditional celery and peanut butter combination, we used strawberry cream cheese instead of the peanut butter. We spread the cream cheese on stalks of celery and found it didn’t taste as strange as we thought it would. Then, we realized that we weren’t actually tasting the cream cheese. The taste of the celery overpowered the cream cheese so it felt like we were just eating plain celery. Despite the boring result, it was very quick to make. Try this out if you want to save time while snacking.

[[nid:26025 left full hide]] Milk and Popcorn

We added a classic buttered popcorn to a bowl of milk and tossed the two together. Eating it in a similar manner as cereal, we decided that, while some may say it is tasty, it simply did not appeal to our palate. The milk drained the flavor from the soggy popcorn, leaving us without much taste to experience. With strange texture and a lack of flavor, we wouldn’t recommend this to anyone in search of a satisfying snack.

It’s true that our favorite combination was the tried-and-true peanut butter and banana sandwich, but even this palette-pleasing tradition had to start somehow. Here’s to a world of new combinations just waiting to be discovered.

If you have any favorite combinations not listed above, share them with us in the comments section below.