Powder Puff football rescheduled for next week

The second annual Powder Puff football tournament was rescheduled to take place next week, June 2-4, during lunch on the quad, according to the Associated Student Body.

ASB was forced to reschedule the tournament because of the Rachel Austin award ceremonies Wednesday and the volunteer lunch Thursday.

“There was a lack of communication between the administration and ASB,” ASB vice president-elect George Brown said. “We didn’t give them [the administration] enough notice and because of the ceremonies going on during lunch, we had to reschedule the games for next week.”

The lack of adult supervision was another reason the games had to be moved, according to ASB.

“The administration wanted us to have chaperones for the game, which is another reason we had to postpone the tournament,” Brown said. “Next week we will have Ms. [Allye] Mullins out there and at least one administrator for each game.”

Some players are upset at the postponement of the tournament and the way the administration handled the situation.

“I am extremely upset about the rescheduling,” junior Maya Fielder said. “We have been practicing for weeks and came to school wearing our self-made jerseys and carrying our cleats, only to learn that administration canceled it the day of the game for reasons that were…never fully explained to us.”

The juniors will face off against the sophomores on Tuesday, and the defending champion seniors play the freshmen Wednesday. The winners of each game will play Thursday to decide the championship.

The tournament was originally scheduled to be played this week from May 26-28.