VoiceCast: Weekly Update (May 29, 2009)

Maya Shemtov and Helena Raffel of The Paly Voice recap the week of May 26 to May 29. Below is a complete transcript of the above podcast.

Raffel: Hi Paly, this is Helena Raffel and Maya Shemtov the Paly Voice, bringing you the latest news from the Paly campus for the week of May 26 to 29.

Shemtov: An Advanced Placement Mandarin Chinese Language and Culture course will be available during the 2009-2010 school year, according to a presentation at Tuesday night’s school board meeting.

Raffel: The Powder Puff football game that was scheduled for lunch on Wednesday was canceled but may be rescheduled. Vice Principal Jerry Berkson cited lack of staff to supervise the event and the Rachel Austin awards held at lunch as the reasons for the cancellation.

Shemtov: The Key Club will host Fast for Awareness, an overnight event from Friday night to Saturday morning at Paly. The event will serve as a fundraiser to fight hunger around the globe. Participants were required to get a sponsorship.

Raffel: Departments recognized outstanding students this week and last week in the Social Studies, Foreign Language, Science, and English Awards. Math awards will be given out next week. In addition, senior awards night was held on Thursday evening and the Rachel Austin awards were given out on Wednesday at lunch. Congratulations to all of the award winners!

Shemtov: Seniors will be able to pick up their yearbooks on Monday, June 1 in the senior courtyard. Yearbooks will be available to all other students in the courtyard on Tuesday, June 2.

Raffel: This has been Maya Shemtov and Helena Raffel for The Paly Voice. If you have any news that you think we might miss, e-mail us at [email protected]. Tune in next week for the latest news.