Voicecast: Weekly Update (May 15, 2009)

Anna Bastidas of The Paly Voice recaps the week of May 8 to May 15, 2009.

The following is a complete transcript of the above podcast.

Bastidas: Hi Paly, this is Anna Bastidas of The Paly Voice bringing you the latest news from the Paly campus for the week of May 8 to May 15.

The Viking came out this week. Be sure to pick up a copy or you can read the articles online on The Paly Voice. The cover story is about how student-athletes balance their time between school and the team.

In sports news, Paly boys’ swimming won the league title for the fifth year in a row and is looking forward to success in CCS.

Paly lacrosse made it to the semi-finals of their league championship after beating Gunn for the third time this season with a final score of 6-5. Unfortunately, the team lost to Menlo Atherton High School yesterday, 7-4.

Boys’ tennis beat Aptos in the CCS quarter finals, but then fell to Bellarmine College Preparatory with a 3-4 loss in the semi-finals.

Badminton lost to Lynbrook 6-24.

Softball was more successful with a 2-0 win over Santa Clara, earning them first seed in CCS, and Varsity baseball beat Los Altos, 3-0.

In other news, congratulations to junior Woody Lewis, who won the Green Team’s Bike to Work Day raffle. Lewis will receive a new bicycle, even though he was not present at the drawing.

The Last Chance Dance is tonight. The theme is outer space, but according to ASB, dressing in neon attire is acceptable.

This has been Anna Bastidas for The Paly Voice. If you have any news that you think Vienna and I might miss, e-mail us at [email protected]. Tune in next week for the latest news.