VoiceCast: Weekly Update (May 8, 2009)

Anna Bastidas of The Paly Voice recap the week of April 24 to May 1, 2009.

The following is a complete transcript of the above podcast.

Bastidas: Hi Paly, this is Anna Bastidas of The Paly Voice bringing you the latest news from the Paly campus for the week of May 1 to May 8.

After three days of voting on the quad, ASB announced the results of the student council elections yesterday. Congratulations to sophomore Kevin Ward who was elected ASB president. Sophomore George Brown was elected ASB vice president, sophomore Chirag Krishna was elected ASB secretary and sophomore Sam Greene was elected treasurer.

The Campanile came out on Monday. Read about newly elected ASB President Kevin Ward’s plans for next year in the spotlight section of the paper.

In sports news, on Tuesday, Paly’s softball team beat Lynbrook 9-1. The lacrosse team was also successful with a 16-4 win over Notre Dame.

Paly’s baseball team continues to make its way through playoffs after a 7-2 victory over Wilcox on Thursday.

Boys’ tennis received the third seed in CCS. Congratulations and good luck in your match today.

We wish everyone taking an AP test good luck. STAR testing is next week — be sure to get your room assignment, which is posted on the ERC (English Resource Center) window outside the library.

This was Anna Bastidas for The Paly Voice. If you have any news that you think Vienna and I might miss, email us at [email protected]. Tune in next week for the latest news.