One Dollar For Life fundraiser falls short of hosts' goals

After falling 50 percent short of expectations this week, the One Dollar for Life (ODFL) fundraiser hosts hope to include more student participation in the future.

Junior Erika Ji and senior Jess Brooks, co-hosts of the event, were hoping that each Paly student would place a dollar in the collection boxes that were in fourth period classrooms around Paly.

“I guess we fell short of our goal,” Erika Ji said. “We hoped that we would have gotten 100 percent Paly participation.”

Over the course of four days, Paly students raised about $900 to help fund the construction of schools in Indonesia. Students placed money into ODFL collection boxes in their fourth period classes from April 6-9.

Despite the setback, Ji appreciates the efforts that students made in order to contribute to the fundraiser.

“It was really great to see a lot of Paly students joining in the fundraiser and choosing to join in and try to make a difference,” Ji said.

Ji thinks that talking to classes directly and allowing more time for Paly students to give donations could help lead to success in future ODFL fundraisers at Paly.

“We should continue to publicize more,” Ji said. “It would be nicer to hold the fundraiser during a whole week. We still didn’t know all the things, and we tried to reach out to everyone but maybe there were better ways to do that.”