Voicecast: Weekly update (March 20, 2009)

Anna Bastidas and Vienna Tran of The Paly Voice recap the week of March 14 to March 20, 2009.

The following is a complete transcript of the above podcast.

Bastidas: Hi Paly, this is Anna Bastidas and Vienna Tran of The Paly Voice bringing you the latest news from the Paly campus for the week of March 14 to March 20 in our weekly update.

Tran: We hope freshmen, juniors and seniors enjoyed the late starts on Tuesday and Wednesday while the sophomores took the California High School Exit Exam.

Bastidas: The Paly renovations master plan is currently under review by the school board after its presentation at Tuesday night’s meeting.

Tran: In sports news, the girls’ track team lost to the Los Altos Eagles, 29-98, in the first meet of the season last Thursday. The boys, however, beat Los Altos, 96-31.

Last Friday, the varsity girls’ lacrosse team beat the Mercy-Burlingame Crusader Rabbits, 18-5. On Thursday, both JV and varsity beat Sacred Heart, 11-6 and 8-7, respectively.

Bastidas: The boys’ swim team, which has held the title of Santa Clara Valley Athletic League champion for the last five years, tied with the Los Gatos Wildcats in the first dual of the season on Friday.

On Monday, the varsity tennis team beat Lynbrook, 6-1, dropping only two sets and breaking a record of four straight losses at Lynbrook.

Tran: Congratulations to the Science Olympiad Green Team, which placed second at the Science Olympiad Bay Regional on Saturday at Foothill High School in Pleasanton. The team won eight gold medals in 23 events, the most of all 19 teams, and tied with first-place Mission San Jose for the total number of medals in first through third place. Gunn placed third, and the team will continue to state-level competition on April 18 at Delta College. Good luck!

Bastidas: This was Anna Bastidas and Vienna Tran for The Paly Voice. If you have any news that you think we might miss, email us at [email protected]. We hope that you all have an amazing spring break and tune in the Friday we return to school for the latest news.