VoiceCast: Weekly update (Feb. 27, 2009)

Anna Bastidas and Vienna Tran of The Paly Voice recap the week of Feb. 21-27, 2009.

The following is a complete transcript of the above podcast.

Bastidas: Hi Paly, this is Anna Bastidas and Vienna Tran of The Paly Voice bringing you the latest news from the Paly campus for the week of Feb. 20 to Feb. 27 in our weekly update.

Tran: There is lot of sports news this week, as both soccer teams and boys’ basketball continued on in CCS. Boys’ soccer beat the No. 4-seeded Watsonville Wildcatz, 4-3, in the CCS semifinals at Milpitas High School on Tuesday. The Vikes will face the No. 2-seeded Bellarmine Bells in CCS Finals at 3 p.m. on Saturday at Milpitas High School. Girls’ soccer will compete in the CCS championships after defeating Woodside High School, 1-0 on Wednesday. The championships will take place at 10 a.m. on Saturday at Valley Christian High School in San Jose. We wish the best of luck to both teams.

Bastidas: After beating Sobrato of Morgan Hill, 64-44, on Tuesday, the varsity boys’ basketball team continued to play in CCS. However, on Thursday, the team lost, 55-47, to Mills High School in the second round of playoffs.

Tran:Spring sports are underway. There are lacrosse, softball and tennis games next week. Check the schedules online for times and locations.

Bastidas: In other news, on Monday, Paly Principal Jacqueline McEvoy met with theater and music students to discuss construction plans for the new theater and other structures planning to be built with money from the $378 million bond measure passed last year.

Tran: The Paly jazz band and jazz ensemble performed with the Jordan Middle School band in the annual collaborative concert Wednesday evening in the Haymarket Theater.

Bastidas: The school board authorized the solicitation of bids for the Paly field project at Tuesday’s board meeting.

Tran: The season is over for the mock trial team, which lost to Prospect High School after reaching the quarterfinals in the Constitutional Rights Foundation’s Santa Clara County competition on Monday. The team had a 3-1 record in the tournament, with two wins from the defense team in the first two preliminary rounds. The prosecution team won the fourth preliminary round, but lost to Archbishop Mitty High School after a tiebreaker in the third preliminary round.

Bastidas: This was Anna Bastidas and Vienna Tran for The Paly Voice. If you have any news that you think we might miss, email us at [email protected]. Tune in next week for the latest news.