VoiceCast: Weekly update (Feb. 20, 2009)

Anna Bastidas and Vienna Tran of The Paly Voice recap the week of Feb. 14- Feb. 20, 2009.

The following is a complete transcript of the above podcast.

Bastidas: Hi Paly, this is Anna Bastidas and Vienna Tran of The Paly Voice bringing you the latest news from the Paly campus for the week of Feb. 13 to Feb. 20 in our fourth weekly update.

Tran: We hope everyone enjoyed the five-day weekend. School started on Wednesday with a block day, and Campanile came out on the first day back. Although most of the Campy staff is in New York for the annual trip, there were enough people here to distribute. If you haven’t gotten your copy yet, drop by P10 to pick it up.

Bastidas: Also, the third edition of Verde came out on Thursday. The cover story, Redefining Family, focuses on children of homosexual parents. Pick up a copy in front of room 213.

Tran: Of course, all Verde and Campy stories are online at voice.paly.net. Also, literary magazine Calliope is now available. Copies cost $5 and are available from Mr. Sharp in room 202.

Bastidas: In sports news, boy’s basketball lost to Gunn 42-18 on Friday. Girls also lost to Gunn, 55-22. Paly basketball also played Wilcox on Tuesday. Girls lost, 41-25, and boys also lost, 57-48. However, the boys’ team still has a chance to win an automatic place in CCS. Girls soccer beat Watsonville, 7-0, in CCS Division 1 playoffs. And congratulations to senior Patrick Sheehan for winning at 160 pounds in Saturday’s SCVAL championship finals at home. Paly’s wrestling team advanced eight wrestlers to CCS this year. We wish you all the best of luck.

Tran: Students won the annual student-teacher basketball game today during the extended fourth period with a final score 9-5. Paly cheerleaders, who won second at nationals performed at the rally, and Paly Dance Company performed during half time.

Bastidas: Palo Alto The Movie came out on DVD on Tuesday. It’s available on Amazon.com for $24.99. It is also now available on Netflix.

Tran: Attention to students still filling out schedule forms who need Career/Voc. Ed. credit: Advanced Interior Design will be offered for Career/Voc. Ed. credit beginning next year. Theater 3 and 4 is now offered for Career/Voc. Ed. credit as well.

Bastidas: Paly junior Albert Chen unveiled his plans for creating a teacher review website. The website is currently under construction. AboutSensei.com is meant specifically for Paly teachers, but a Gunn version is being worked on.

Tran: Tonight is the last basketball quad night against Los Gatos. If varsity boys win, they will continue on to CCS so we hope to see you at the gym tonight supporting the teams. JV games begin after school, girls varsity plays at 6:15 p.m. and boys play at 7:45 p.m. Good luck tonight!

Bastidas: This was Anna Bastidas and Vienna Tran for The Paly Voice. If you have any news that you think we might miss, email us at [email protected]. Tune in next week for the latest news.