Make-A-Wish Club to host benefit concert and dance

Paly’s Make-A-Wish Club will host a benefit concert and dance from 7-11 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 9, at Club Illusions to grant a wish for a child in the Bay Area.

Paly student bands, such as Tricky Zipper, Middlefield, Furious George, and Corner Street Light, will perform from 7-8:15 p.m. Junior singer Annie Lada will also perform between band performances. The rest of the night will feature a regular dance.

Sophomores Talia Moyal and Tony Panayides started the Make-A-Wish Club at Paly this year. The club members hope to fundraise $10,000 throughout this school year. After having planned this fundraiser event for two months, Moyal hopes that many people will attend and enjoy the evening.

“The money will go to the Make-A-Wish foundation account we made,” Moyal said. “We’re saving up money so we can grant a child a wish and not just donate money. Therefore, this becomes a more personalized experience.”

After reaching their goal of raising $10,000, Moyal and Panayides will select an ill child living in the Bay Area from the list of kids that the Make-A-Wish foundation will provide and grant a wish for that child.

Moyal hopes that both students and parents will attend the event and support the cause.

“We’re looking for donations from parents because otherwise, it will be a lot harder to reach our goal,” she said.

Students can purchase tickets for $10 in front of the auditor’s office, at the main quad during lunch all this week, or from Make-A-Wish Club members during any time of the day. Tickets can be purchased for $10 with a student ID or $15 without one at the door. Club Illusions is located on 260 South California Ave.