Juniors regain lead after third Spirit Week rally

The juniors thoroughly dominated today’s Spirit Week lunchtime rally after earning at least 100 points more than any other class. They are now in first place with 570 points, ahead of the senior class by 115 points.

Students from every class were out in full force today, sporting class colors. Seniors wore green, juniors dressed in yellow, sophomores were clothed in red, and the freshmen suited up in orange.

The first event of the rally was musical chairs, in which each class selected two girls and two boys to participate. With the teachers also joining in on the fun, a total of 20 people participated in the event. The teachers and seniors were quickly eliminated, leading to a showdown between freshman Dennis Kuria, sophomore Miles Anderson and junior Spencer Sims. Kuria was eliminated before Sims prevailed over Anderson and won the event for the juniors.

“Yellow is the color of domination,” junior Josh Gould said after the musical chairs win. “Yellow is the color of the top of the scoreboard. Juniors are going to win.”

The junior dominance continued in the box event, in which each class attempted to stuff as many people as possible inside of a taped-off box on the ground. The event was pure madness as dozens of people were squeezed beneath legs, while others sat on their classmates’ shoulders.

After the teachers counted every one up, the juniors came out on top, fitting at least 15 more people in their box than the other classes.

“It was really crazy in the junior box,” junior Katie Rockhold said. “It was hot, sweaty, and really muscular up there.”

Even though the juniors piled on many more people than the other classes, the other boxes were still packed.

“It [the box] was intense,” sophomore Tony Panayides said. “The piling was crazy.”

The juniors closed out the day by also winning the “Best Cheer” portion of the rally, which gave them an additional 50 points. While the juniors gained points for cheering, the seniors and sophomores lost points for their inappropriate cheers.

The sophomores had another abysmal day, gaining only 20 points today after gaining zero points on Tuesday. They remain in last place.

“Sophomores shouldn’t be trying any more,” senior Dana Latterell said. “They have have no points and they should just drop out.”

Tomorrow’s rally will be held in the morning before school at 7:45 a.m. in the small gym. Breakfast will be served. Each class will earn one point for every person from their grade who attends the rally.

Point totals:

Juniors: 570

Seniors: 455

Freshmen: 290

Sophomores: 145