Welcome Back Dance has Wild West theme

Organizers are encouraging students to dress up in cowboy attire for the Wild West-themed Welcome Back Dance.

“We wanted a theme because it shows school spirit and it’s always fun to think of cool outfits to go along with the theme,” junior Social Commissioner Emily Kenyon said. “We chose Wild West because there’s a lot you can do with it, and hopefully some people will be able to add some unique twists.”

All students will be breathalyzed upon entering the dance as they were at the Last Chance Dance last year, according to Associated Student Body adviser Allye Mullins.

“I know the breathalyzer rule discourages a lot of people from coming,” Kenyon said, “but for anyone who’s down for a sober dance, it’s going to be a lot of fun.”

“It [breathalyzing] is definitely a change so we have to think of ways that make a completely sober dance fun for all Paly students,” Kenyon said. “We’re not really making huge changes, but just trying to work around it.”

Tickets for the Welcome Back Dance will be on sale Wednesday through Friday at lunch in the Quad. Tickets cost $5 with an ASB card and $10 without. The last chance to buy tickets is after school on Friday until 3:30 pm. After school on Friday, tickets will be sold from the Student Activities Office in its new location outside of the library. For the first dance of the year, only Paly students may attend.

The Welcome Back Dance is from 7:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. on Friday in the Quad.