Paly student approached by man on way to school

A female Paly student was approached by an unidentified adult male Thursday morning on her way to school, according to a Palo Alto Police Department Press Release.

The student was walking northbound on the 1400 block of El Camino Real, when the adult male accosted her, introduced himself as “Jesse,” and began to walk along side her. The suspect attempting make small talk and physical contact meanwhile, according to the release.

Around the intersection of El Camino Real and Churchill Avenue, the adult male attempted to direct the victim down El Camino Real, while also grabbing the student’s buttocks and pulling her towards him in attempt to hug her.

However, the student pushed the male away from her and told him to leave her alone. She immediately ran northbound on El Camino Real towards the front of Palo Alto High School, where she reported the encounter to the Paly administration.

The adult male is described as a medium-skinned Hispanic or possibly Polynesian in his early 30s, approximately 5 feet 9 inches and weighing between 180 and 200 pounds. The suspect is decribe as wearing dark blue carpenter” style jeans, a grey/blue fleece pullover jacket with a short zipper near the neck and grey tennis shoes, according to the PAPD.

Paly students and staff were notified during fourth period through class announcements.

The PAPD has not yet released a sketch but will distribute it once available.

The full press release can be found at http://www.cityofpaloalto.org/civica/filebank/blobdload.asp?BlobID=11769.