Ambulance responds to 6th period emergency call for Paly staff member

Palo Alto Emergency Services arrived on Paly’s campus at 1 p.m. today in response to a 911 call from the math department concerning medical attention for an unidentified Paly staff member.

Vice-principal Jerry Berkson said it is too soon to determine the specific medical ailment she suffered from.

“A staff member did not feel well,” Berkson said. “I don’t know if she was teaching a class, but we called an ambulance for her.”

The teacher is considered in stable condition but still had to be escorted on a stretcher to the ambulance, according to Berkson.

“I would assume that if the paramedics took her out on a stretcher, the situation warranted it,” Berkson said.

Paly senior Sung Kim was with receptionist Vallen Queen when Queen received a call requesting she call 911.

“I was in Ms. Queens’s office and a lady on the walkie-talkie told her to call 911,” Kim said. “I only heard Ms. Queen describing what happened. She [Queen] said that the teacher was responsive, but had heart pain and arm tingling.”

Rumors going around Paly that the identity of the woman is Alina Predescu are incorrect, as she was spotted in the MRC during 7th period.

For now the teacher remains unidentified and Berkson says the administration plans on finding a substitute teacher to take over her classes tomorrow. However, Berkson is unsure of whether it will be a fulltime teacher or a teacher’s aid.

“We are going to treat it just like she had the flu,” Berkson said.

Editor’s note: The article formerly said that Kim was with Ms. Klein when she called 911. This was later corrected to show that it was Ms. Queen instead.