Verbatim: What do you think about not being allowed to skateboard or bike on campus?

Paly has recently begun to enforce biking and skateboarding policies on campus. The Paly Voice asked the student’s opinions on this issue.

“Paly administration has done an act of injustice. They do not care about students rights. They just care about Paly surface.”
– Adam Herzog, senior

“I think that it is fair. People can get hurt but it also kinda sucks.” – Brianna Boyd, sophomore

“It is very inconvenient. You should be able to skate from class to class. Plus Reese bikes on campus…” – Phil Bouley, senior

“I don’t bike or skate so it does not affect me much but if it did I don’t see why you would need it for such a short distance.” – Cat Chiang, junior

“I think it is pretty dumb because they know what they are doing, it is not like they are going to run into anyone. Also Reese doesn’t have to be mean about it.” – Michael Rizza, junior

“It doesn’t affect me because i don’t bike here but they do take it too seriously.” – Theodore Brown, junior

“I think during school time it is an important rule to have. I don’t think they will be able to control it after certain hours.” – Karla Larson, Attendance Secretary

“It’s stupid cuz’ its open campus.” – Fernanda Mendoza, freshman

“It’s cool cause I don’t bike or skate.” – Ruby Segura, freshman

“I don’t care about skating but biking should be allowed unless you hit somebody.” – Harry Nordlinger, sophomore

“You should be able to bike away from bike racks.” – Brooke Flohr, senior