Paly student reunited with family through Voice feedback

Paly junior Raven Warren is celebrating the recent discovery that her family has been looking for her for over nine years.

After Warren was featured in a story by Sarah Flamm of The Paly Voice about the closing of Caravan House, her former group home, and a follow-up story about her new living situation, a woman who believed she was Warren’s stepmother contacted The Paly Voice. In a piece of feedback, Jenni Warren claimed that she was Warren’s stepmother and that the two had lost contact when Raven’s father passed away. In the feedback, Jenni said that they had found the story about Warren by “sheer luck.” Jenni included contact information for Warren to reach her, and said that she had been looking for her, but had been told Warren had been adopted.

“Raven has met us and spent time with us,” Jenni said in the feedback. “If this is our Raven, please have her contact us if she is interested in reconnecting with her family that loves her.”

Voice advisor Paul Kandell notified the administration and Warren about the feedback. The feedback was not published on the Paly Voice due to uncertainties about the validity of the claim. Warren then contacted her alleged stepmother.

“She is definitely my step mother,” Warren said. “We’ve talked a few times now, and we want to meet soon. She has things of my father’s that she’d like to give me.”

As of now, the two have yet to meet. In a recent interview, Warren said that she had emailed her stepmother but had not received a response.