Candidates for Junior Class President and Vice-President

Candidates for junior class president and vice-president are running unopposed in this year’s Spring Election. The class vice-president is a new position this year. According to Student Activities Director Allye Davies, the job of the class vice-president is to assist the class president throughout the year.

“The Class VP will help during spirit week and at the class social,” Davies said. “They will also join an ASB Committee and work on an individual project for the betterment of Paly.”

Sophomore Erik Klingbeil is running for junior class president, and sophomore Becky Byler is campaigning for the role of junior class vice president.

Erik Klingbeil

Sophomore Erik Klingbeil is finishing up his year as sophomore class president and looks forward to becoming junior class president. Klingbeil is running unopposed, but looks forward to improving the school and the junior class next year.

“This year I worked a lot on the new student center, and I’d like to be able to work on another project like that next year,” Klingbeil said.

Klingbeil is enthusiastic about improving Paly and the junior class. Working on prom is one of the things he is most excited about. Junior class vice president candidate Becky Byler has expressed an interest in promoting spirit among the junior class, something that Klingbeil feels is necessary as well.

“Becky is very spirited and good at promoting school spirit,” Klingbeil said. “I look forward to working with her.”

Klingbeil was also ASB President at his middle school.

Becky Byler

Becky Byler is running unopposed for junior class VP after a year of being a sophomore representative in ASB.

“It was an awesome experience,” Byler said. “I loved being a part of ASB.”

Byler has many ambitions for her junior year, the biggest being a bigger participation in school activities from her class. She hopes to see juniors being more involved and to have more school spirit.

“We were really close to getting last in spirit week this year, and I hope that I can spark interest among the class to actually participate in school activities and spirit week,” Byler said.

Byler believes that her approachability and friendliness makes her perfect for the job, adding, “It’d be an honor to lead my classmates.”