Candidates for the Senior Class President and Vice-President

The following students are running in the school-wide Spring Elecion for either senior class president or senior class vice-president. The senior class president’s role in student government is to lead plans for Spirit Week and create activities for the senior class. The senior class vice-president’s role is to help the senior class president organize dances, field day, graduation and and other school activities. Juniors Patricia Franco and Sahar Raz are running for senior class president and juniors Abbie Havern and Brook Seaman are running for senior class vice-president.

Senior Class Presidential Candidates:

Sahar Raz – Raz has been a cheerleader for Paly the past two years and is currently the junior Class President, both of which, she feels, show her desire to promote school spirit. Raz believes her experiences as Junior class president will help her immensely if she were senior class president. Raz decided to run for senior class president because she has enjoyed participating in student government and wishes to continue with it.

“It is hard to get involved in Paly’s student government class and leave after a year,” Raz said.

She hopes to bring many more activities to the senior class if elected Senior Class president.

“Just as there is Senior Cut Day, I would like to add other activites such as Senior Lunch or Senior Barbeque during or after school,” Raz said.

Raz feels she is the most qualified person for this position because of her effort and dedication already put towards student government currently.

“[Current experiences with student government] made me realize how much effort it takes, yet how much I want to keep going with it and add my new ideas,” Raz said.

Patricia Franco – Franco has been a cheerleader with Paly since her freshman year. She has also been a class representative the past two years, giving her more knowledge about ASB processes. Franco feels these activities with Paly have taught her leadership and dedication.

“Running for senior class president has always been something I wanted to do. I enjoy being in ASB, and I believe, with my leadership, I can represent the minority better within Paly.”

Franco hopes to make senior year a year to remember.

“I will ask the student body what they would like to be done for their last year at Paly and I will do my best to make everyone’s wishes come true,” Franco said.

Franco plans to include more senior activities than there have been in the past and make the year as fun as possible.

Senior Class Vice-Presidential candidates:

Abbie Havern – Havern is currently a student representative in student government. In this role, Havern helped plan school events such as Prom this year. She was also captain of the Junior Varsity volleyball team her sophomore year.

“I feel my previous experience in student government and leadership [in Volleyball] will really help prepare me for the role of Senior Class vice-president,” Havern said.

Havern decided to run for this position because she loves being a part of student government.

“I really enjoyed being a class representative this year, but I feel I could contribute much more to the school by holding a higher position in student government,” said Havern.

As Senior Class vice-president, Havern plans to work as hard as possible to make the senior year unforgettable.

“From Spirit Week in the beginning of the year, until Prom at the end, I want senior year to be a complete success,” Havern said.

Since there is no current Senior Class vice-president, Havern greatly looks forward to starting off this new positions with many new ideas and a “hardworking, positive attitude”.

“ASB is a passion of mine, and I’d love to continue it into my senior year!” Havern said.

Brook Seaman – Seaman has played on Varsity basketball, track, and will play football this upcoming season. His participation in these sports show that Seaman knows “how to work in a team and show hard work and dedication”. Seaman chose to run for this position because he believed there were some changes that needed to be made at Paly.

“I decided to take initiative and make these changes myself,” Seaman said.

Seaman promises to bring “hard work, dedicacion, and commitment” to this position. As Senior Class vice-president, Seaman hopes to make changes to fixing up the bathrooms around school.