One in 26: An interview with Paly

We at the Paly Voice feel it is important for the public to know a little inside information about our staff members and be acquainted with the real people behind the stories. Based on Campanile’s “1 in 1700, we have decided to hold our own interview section, titled, “1 in 26”, 26 being the number of students on Paly Voice. Today, junior reporter Hallie Kennan will interview junior reporter Susan Haynes.

HK: Hello Susan.

SH: Hey Hallie.

HK: So are you excited about your position on Voice next year?

SH: Ya! Next year should be really fun.

HK: Would you care to tell us a little about your position next year?

SH: Well, along with Emily Brody I will be a Sections and Publications Managing Editor. This basically means we oversee the sections and maintain good relationships with Campanile, Verde and InFocus.

HK: Hm, sounds pretty cool. So I hear the more freckles you have, the smarter you are. And seeing as how you have lots of freckles, does that mean you are very smart?

SH: Ya I’m pretty much a genius. The more time I spend in the sun, the smarter I get.

HK: Well that’s neat, I bet you write really excellent stories on Voice then with all your intelligence.

SH: You know it! Be sure to check out my new video verbatim on Voice’s front page.

HK: Ya I saw the video, its really spiffy. Speaking of Voice, though, what do you like most about the class?

SH: Hm let me think…I like the people, especially Sarah Flamm. No seriously though, I like that Voice enables me to try new things. I’m not just writing stories – I can make a video, a podcast, a photo essay, and much more.

HK: Wow, podcasts and videos, you must be a sav with the technology.

SH: (laughs) I’m definitely technology deficient. I’ve gotten better this year, but I still kinda suck. I can barely turn my computer on. I’m learning as I go, though, and it’s fun.

HK: Alright, well that sounds great. Do you have any parting words for people who will be reading this interview?

SH: Um, no. bye.

HK: Great! Thanks for talking to us today,