Student council in need of webmaster

The Palo Alto High School Student Council is looking to fill the new webmaster position in an effort to maintain their new web site.

"The web site is one of the biggest things we’re working on this year," ASB president Mohammed Abid said. "It’s hopefully going to be our number one way to relay information to the student body, in order for us to do that, we need a webmaster."

According to student activities director, Allye Davies, the web site will include things such as ASB staff biographies, activities calendar, club activities, a link to paly.net, a back up of In-Focus announcements and the new ASB constitution.

"It will have things like dance guest forms so students don’t have to come here [Student Activities Office] for them," Davies said.

Once someone applies or is found for the webmaster position, he or she will be a part of the student council staff and maintain the student council website.

"We’re looking for someone who’s educated in website design and computers," Abid said. "Other than being diligent and consistent in terms of putting stuff up [on the website]- we’re not looking for too much in a webmaster."

Temporarily, juniors Jonathan Shan and Jackie Chesson have been making and maintaining the student council website.

"We’re still looking for someone to serve as webmaster, however Jonathan Shan and Jackie Chesson have expressed the desire to keep the website up and running until we find a webmaster," Abid said.

The web site is still in progress and according to Shan still needs most of the content.

"I hope it can be up by 2nd semester," Shan said. "I am working with Jackie Chesson and Mr. O’Hara to get the website up by then."

Those interested in applying for the webmaster position should contact Allye Davies.