Verbatim: Student reactions to 2024 March Madness

Every year the NCAA March Madness provides a fun ride of upsets, amazing players and a champion for men’s and a champion for women’s. The Paly Voice asked students what they thought about the 2024 March Madness men’s and women’s tournament results.

“To be honest I had Purdue University [men’s] losing in the second round. I had University of North Carolina winning because of Harrison Ingram [North Carolina player.]” 

— senior Gavin Lin

“I was rooting for Caitlin Clark from [The University of Iowa]. Her team had been down in the previous game against [University of Connecticut] and had come back and won, so I thought they could win. They got it down to six points, but sadly they lost [to University of South Carolina.]”

— senior Eliza Roth   

“I wanted University of Connecticut to lose because they went back to back. I had University of Kentucky losing to Oakland University because I’m a Rob Dillingham hater.” 

— freshman Tiam Maurstad

“Caitlin Clark had a really impressive run. It was really fun to watch her. I think Zach Edey [Purdue University men’s] couldn’t have done better. His teammates didn’t help him at all. Purdue definitely should’ve won.”

— sophomore Oscar Barillas Ostby