Verbatim: What do you remember most about Sept. 11, 2001?

This coming monday marks the 5th anniversary of the tragic events that transpired on Sept 11, 2001. The Paly Voice asked students and faculty what they remember most about that day?

"I was living in Israel at the time, so it was in the afternoon. I saw everything on fire and I remember thinking ‘wow!’" – Guy Davidson, junior

"I was in college and my friend pulled me out of bed. I had a friend who had just moved to New York City. I just remember being really scared." – Jeff Billing, teacher

"I remember everyone was crying at Jordan [Middle School]. Everyone was really down in the dumps." – Mitchel Garner. senior

"I remember how it put me in complete shock. The entire school was still all in shock." – Nancy Mayo, ARC supervisor

"My dad woke me up after the first plane hit and then I saw the second one live. It was all bad." – Keith Dunckel, senior

"Coming to school, everyone was talking about it. I was surprised that something like that could happen in the U.S." – Mark Slakey, freshman

"My dad was in New York and we couldn’t call him. I was going crazy for the first hour until we found out he was okay." – Sahar Raz, junior

"There was a lot of drama going down. I was confused and it was a trip." – Wyatt Mitchel, senior

"I remember the total shock of the everything. I kept calling people and they were all shocked too." – Mary Puorro, Campus Supervisor

"It was really sad. I was in 4th grade so I didn’t really understand what was happening." – Danielle Carlson, freshman